Saturday, March 21, 2009

Inside Out
When i was young and free and my imagination had no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.
As i grew older and wiser, i realized the world would not change.
And i decided to shorten my sights somewhat and change only my country.
But it too seemed immovable.
As i entered my twilight years,
in one desperate attempt, i sought to change only my family,
those closest to me but alas they would have none of it.
And now i lie on my death bed and realise (perhaps for the first time) that if only i'd change myself first,
then by example I may have influenced my family and with their encouragement and support i may have bettered my country, and who knows i may have changed the world.
found a mini card wriiten with these,
indeed, i do feel the same.
dreams do change.
in pri school, i dreamt of becoming a lawyer, a doctor, a teacher. . .
but when i was in my teens - secondary sch days,
i wanna be a pediatrician.
helping all the sick children.
i knew in order to become that, i have to go to JC.
i was perseverance initially,
but soon found that the o-level stress loadd is too much for me to cope.
let alone a-level.
was given a choice to make.

thats why i am here now,
knowing a groupp of wonderful classmates.
then i had another dream,
i dream of changing the world,
making a difference in every child's life,
improving the children's life,
but as i grew older,
i began to make my dream smaller,
i began to realise that somewhat this dream is hard to fulfil.
i knew i wanted to live my one and only life iin a meaningful way.
i knew what my interest are.
probably cos i feel i dint really had a memorable childhood during my nursery, k1 & k2.
i wanna travel ard and help those children in need.
not expecting anything in return,
but their most sincere smiles.

some random thoughts,
though my thoughts seem to be unorganized. =X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home